Thursday, September 2, 2010

Trippin': New York City - Ippudo Ramen

65 4th Ave
New York, NY 10003

I don't generally like soups or noodle soups so there is something to be said when I find myself raving over it. For lunch on our second day in NYC, we went to Ippudo Ramen. I had heard many wonderful things about this place and was not disappointed in the least bit. The specialty here is ramen noodle soup, which people most often times will think about that instant ramen crap poor college students live on. Mos def not the same. The noodles here are made with so much love. It was silky with the perfect texture. I can't remember what everyone ordered but I had the shoyu ramen: Soy sauce flavored ramen noodle in a chicken and tonkotsu soup with pork loin chashu, menma, spinach, naruto, nori & scallions. It was the boring and safe way to go with ordering ramen but the broth was still very flavorful. Out of all the broths that I tried, my favorite was the miso ramen. It had this really nice buttery after taste. Mmmm. So YUMS! I decided pay a little extra to get the lunch special set that comes with a bowl of rice and your choice of meat as well as a small salad. Two people could share that package and be quite satisfied. I'm a hefty eater and wasn't able to finish the entire meal. I will mos def gonna go back, hopefully with big poppa next time.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: