Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Trippin': Austin - Hey Cupcake!

1600 Block of S. Congress
Austin, TX 78704

There's always all this stuff I want to go see and do whenever I go to Austin but there's never enough time to squeeze everything in. Boo! But luckily, thanks to all the accommodating doods I was with, they tried their best to help scratch off as many things on list as possible. The first thing was to hit up Hey Cupcake!. What was the appeal? Well, for one, they sell their cupcakes from this super shiny metal polished airstreamed trailer with a giganto cupcake spinning up top. For two, I like cupcakes. For three, a lot of people keep talking about it. So I knew I just had to try it out! OMGawd the cupcakes were so GUT! I ordered like eight cupcakes but only had one. Portion peoples! The only one that I tried was the Vanilla Dream: vanilla bottom, vanilla top. I'm craving one right now as we speak. The icing is incredibly light and fluffy. It's a bit sweet but HEY, it's a CUPCAKE! Get it? You know, I love chocolate but for some reason, I can't bring myself to eat chocolate cupcakes when there are other choices. I'd eat it if there was nothing but chocolate cupcakes. Most of us went for the vanilla ones, the chocolate ones pretty much went to waste. My friend had the 24 Carrot and said it was good. Supposedly the most poplulare ones are the red velvet and the Michael Jackson (chocolate bottom with cream cheese frosting) but of course, they had already ran out for the day. Oh well, I prolly wouldn't have tried either one since I'm not big on cream cheese frosting. Cream cheese on bagel? Yes please! But on cake or cupcake? No thanks!


Photobucket

Photobucket


Long lines always!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Other things along side of this yummy cupcake trailer vehicle thing:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Live music.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Cupcakes!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Girls have a sixth sense. Extra intuition. I got this shot of this lady pose-eating a cupcake. Her eyes are closed.

Photobucket


So how? HOW? HOW did she know that I was also taking a picture of her?!? We both laughed after she caught me catching her pose-eating.

Photobucket


So I tried to copy her. Cos she looked rather cute doing it. I however did not fare as well. I have like some sort of chipmunk ferret face morphology. So yeah, I did not look as cute. Hah!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Someone enjoyed their cupcakes so much so that they dropped and left their bleaching tray!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: