I couldn't wait to post pics of what partook in my kitchen this past weekend. Big little Pretzel's 2nd berfday was coming up, and Miss Antsylily informed me that she was planning on have an Elmo themed partay for him. Although it's harder these days for me to find time to go crazy with any sort of party planning, I wanted to at least make something for my favo little guy. He's just the cutest thing evar with his giganto smile. So after browsing the internet for a bit, I came across the idea of making elmo cupcakes. I was actually really excited about them, which is surprising cos I absolutely hate the thot of baking. Not a fan. So I bought boxed yellow cake, red icing from the tube, marshmallows, black gel icing and giganto orange gumballs. Cupcakes from NON-SCRATCH! Hoorah to me! And man. Lemme just tell ya how hard gumballs are to come by. I couldn't find them anywhere and finally had to settle on buying a wholesale box of gumballs from Sam's. That's right. 850 assorted gumballs just for 24 orange ones. That's how I do it! So I now have all these gumballs that I have no idea what to do with. My co-worker already said she'd take a handful. Any other takers? As for the cupcakes, it was my very first time ever making cupcakes. First time frosting anything. I bought this hand held mixer thing like two years ago and I unwrapped it from the box for the very first time this weekend for the cupcakes. Sad. I know. But it was kinda fun. I probably would never do it again for fun, only for special occasions. Big poppa is the greatest. He thot of using marshmallows for the eyeballs and sliced all the marshmallows for me while I made the cupcake batter. I'm a lucky gal. We actually had a good time assembling the cupcakes together and laughed as elmo came to life one facial piece at a time. More on the birthday thing later.
4 weeks ago






1 comment:
omg thank you sooo much for doing this! i knew it was alot of work..you really didn't ahve to if it took up so much of your time. you're the awesomest!! i owe u dindin or luncy or somethin' for real!! tell me when.
Post a Comment