Friday, April 27, 2012

Birthday: Laurita

When my big dirty thirty was coming around, all i wanted was to have a really fun and unique way to celebrate this milestone birthday. Alas, i couldn't come up with anything creative and ended up hosting a dinner and some dancing and a lot of drinking celebration. It was super fun cos most of my friends were there and we had much dranky time. But i am very particular about how i want things to be and sometimes i can't even live up to my own expectations. It was a success but you know, i was creatively disappointed with myself. And on top of it, i had a vision. A $200.00 vision that was crushed and desecrated. I don't mean to sound unappreciative cos i'm so grateful for how everything transpired and i really did have a super fun time. Just wish i did something more than dinner and drinking. So when co-worker friend buddy said we'd be taking a SAMBA class for her 30th, i was like MAAAANNN! That sounded so much fun. And DIFFERENT. I strive to be DIFFERENT! And it was so much fun! I worked up a great sweat and my legs were killing me. I could barely walk for two days. I love being able to just shake everything yo mama gave ya. Miss laurita has some of the most fit friends ever. I call them the lululemon bon group. Which stands for brien o'neals cos most of the are a part of the running group there. And some work at lululemon or have been ambassadors for the store. Most of these people are all marathoners and triathletes. Like 50 miles ultra marathoners and iron man triathletes. And then there's me. All pudgy and a wannabe triathlete. I should register as an athena. Not sure if it's related but two days after the samba class, i swam a PR. 1500 meters straight in the pool! Do you know how many laps that is?!? That's freaking 60 laps! And cos i lost count somewhere, i swam a couple extra laps to make sure i really did hit 1500 meters. So proud! Although, i guess i technically cheated since i did flip turns and kicked off the wall. But who cares. I went from only doing 200 meters at a time to a full 1500 meters. My fingers were getting pruny and my goggles were starting cut off circulation to my eye balls. My flip turns usually give me a lot of trouble cos my form isn't so great and it messes up my breathing. But for some reason, everything was swimmingly perfect. I had great flip turn technique and great timing. I used to be afraid of flipping too close to the wall but i managed to get within inches and not freak out. I was swimming really really really slow though. And barely kicking cos my legs were still sore. Maybe that's the key! Less kicking. To end this post on an even better note, i managed to reformat my own laptop by myself. It might seem like nothing but for those who know me, technology stuff is not my forte. I installed so much anti-virus stuff and id protection software that i can't press the shift button without a prompter asking me if i'm sure i want to continue. Haha. But oh wells. Better safe than sorry.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

Wow that's impressive girl! 60 laps! And the samba class looks so fun..I wanna try it someday. I miss being active!