Alyssa Bonagura - I Make My Own Sunshine
Gin Wigmore - Don't Stop
April Smith - Colors
Whoever is in charge of selecting the music for these new slew of loew's commercials should be commended and given a raise! I watch a lot of telly but usually i'm only partially paying attention to whatever it is i'm watching since i'm prolly eating and reading at the same time or doing art and crafts. And i mos def don't usually watch the commercials. But every time the loew's commercials come on, i look up from what i'm doing and watch the commercial cos i really like the music and the commercial itself is also kinda entertaining to watch. I watched the documentary Jiro Dreams of Sushi Friday evening. It was really good. It's crazy to think that a restaurant that serves only sushi could be a 3 star michelin restaurant. I guess it all depends on whether or not you have the palate. Some people come out and are inspired to eat the unique types of fish showcased in the film. Or you could be like me and feel a little nauseous because it was just way too much raw fish for me. I don't think i would want to get to that point. In the end, the doc is more than just about sushi. It's about the dedication and sacrifices involved to become a master sushi chef, and that perfection is not attainable. There's always something new you can learn to better your craft. I think my favorite part of the doc was when his youngest son went off to open his own sushi restaurant, he told his son that he better succeed because he has no home to return to. It's tough love but his reasoning is that parents our day in age tend to baby our kids and tell them they can always come home if they don't succeed, thus breeding failure. Failure is not an option. You must do whatever it takes to succeed. There is no gray area with Jiro. He is very matter-of-fact with every though he has. This man has dedicated his entire life to his craft. For a better review of the movie you can google it or read it here. What else did i do this weekend? I slept for nearly eleven hours. Jealous? And i got the most painful reflexology massage at the place next to teahouse on bellaire called "PAIN RELIEF CENTER". OMG it hurt so bad. I'm never going there again. I thot it was just me but when i mouthed the words 'it hurts' to big poppa, he drew a line from his eye down his cheek with his finger. As in he had TEARS it was so painful! Haha. I just burst out laughing. So yeah. Don't go there. Man, i use splenda in my coffee every morning and today i decided to try that pure via stuff. GROSS! It made my coffee taste awful. Co-worker friend agreed. And i used up all my lactaid milk so i'm stuck with it.
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment