Friday, January 11, 2013

Babyshower - Ludivine

I love being the hostess with the mostess. Creatively, i'm not always on, but when i am, i get this wonderful high. And that high can get expensive and lead to slight paralysis in my fingers from excessive glue gun use. I've been very lucky to have met some great people at work. A lot of them have moved on to bigger and better things and so i don't get to see them as much. I know that i love these ladies cos i don't hem and haw about meeting up with them or attending one of their events. It's like, YES I'M DOWN! Come to think of it, i might always be the first person to reply like all the time. Haha. EAGER BEAVER! When an a former co-worker told me about her pregnancy, i was so happy for her! Like many of my friends right now, she had a few hiccups along the way. It's sad and scary how difficult it can be at our age. For my french friend's babyshower, i helped co-host the event along with three of her other friends. I would say we made a pretty good team with all four people really contributing. Communism works when everyone pulls their weight! Aside from bringing food, I put a game together (oven mitts and nesting boxes) and made her message board in the shape of an 'L'. I used the first letter of her name since she didn't have a name picked out for her bebe yet. My message board turned out pretty good! I used a foam board as the base and bought all the fabric and materials at hobby lobby. I also made these tea bag shaped sugar cookies dipped in pink candy coating. Those took FOREVER! Thanks to big poppa for helping me. I was actually recovering from a bout of food poisoning when i had to prepare everything. I don't like not following through with things like this so i made myself trudge on. So tiring! The babyshower had a parisienne brunch theme. Very fitting considering that is her heritage. I brought my little instax mini and took fotos of all her guests. All the instant pics went right onto her new message board. The co-hosts had the cutest kids! One of them made the most delicious french toast casserole. I'm gonna find a recipe and put that on my need to make list.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: