Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Restaurant: Pondicheri

2800 Kirby, Ste.B132
Houston, Texas 77098

For a former co-worker's bday, a bunch of us from work made plans to have dinner at Pondicheri. It's located in the uppity west ave center. I had heard great things about it and my hair guy over at do bar said it was authentic. He was mexican. I said are you sure buddy? Is it a bunch of white folks eating there? Nervous laugh. I haven't been to the do bar in quite a while. I need an event so i can go get my hair did! I can't get enough of having my hair professionly washed. Feels so good. Anyway, the food turned out to be okay. The only thing i could vouch for was the potato samosas. That tamarind chutney dipping sauce was so good! I wanted to order some nan bread and ask for more sauce and just go at it. I ordered the racher thali for my entree. A thali is a chef's sampler. Almost like an indian omakase. It was okay. But you know, i'm not really an indian food connoiseur so what do i know about this stuff. All i can say is what pleasures my picky palate. Big poppa and i actually like eating at bombay brasserie. Out of convenience and cos we just really don't know where else to go. We have gotten recommendations but they just sorta get pushed to the bottom of my list. Our indian friends who got married catered bombay brasserie for their wedding so it's got to be some what approved by the real deal. This is reminding me about that delicious mango lassi. Our waiter was telling us that they didn't have any mango lassi but they did have some other kind. I can't remember what. But he pronounced it lassi like the famous collie dog. I looked up from my menu and was like, what did you just say? I had to correct him of course. Nervous laugh. I'm such a bitch. For my friends bday, i gave her some cupcake recipe/decorating books. I am a freaking genius. My own bday was two weeks away and she made me tirimisu cupcakes from one of the books. It was some of the best cupcakes i've had. I shared it with our employees and one of the girl's couldn't get enough of it. Even big poppa liked and he claims to not like cupcakes. I liked it so much that i tried making it myself for miss fabu's baby shower. They weren't as good as croatia's but everyone still seemed to like it. Her mom liked it and my-linh ate 1.5 cupcakes all by herself! Man. I wish i liked baking. I would make some every month. Emdee says she likes baking. Maybe i should trick her into making me some. Haha. I need to take control of my sweet teeth.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: