Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Restaurant: Triniti

2815 South Shepherd
Houston, Texas 77098

OMGoodness. I know there are a lot of crappy things that are happening in this world and we need to learn how to keep the small things in perspective. But i can't help but be all superficial and wallow in a funk about the fact that i wasn't thinking clearly. AGAIN! And i ended up buying these shoes on ebay. I'm constantly two thousand and late so there are always things i stumble on that are at least a year old and therefore not avail anymore. So then my only options are to find them on ebay. So i found these shoes that i really really like and before you know it, I made an offer and it was accepted and the shoes arrive and they don't FIT. No returns. I normally would try to return them anyway but i'm just so tired and don't want to go through the hassle. Maybe i'll craiglist them. I dunno. They are so freaking cute but they're too SMALL! My feet are whack. I can wear anything from 6.5 to 8. Pretty crazy range right? Why oh why didn't go with at least 7.5?!? I honestly think my feet are growing. Or maybe it's my big ole toe that keeps on growing. I could try to just squish my feet and take the pain. But it's pretty painful and with all the feet problems i've been having, I'd better not make them worse. Seriously. I hope i can get these off my hands! I'd be happy to sell them to you! I'm not even used to paying this much for shoes! Don't worry i didn't pay retail.

Enough of my venting and on to happier times. For gilles' 30th bday, her husband treated a big group of her people to dinner at Triniti. It was such a nice and classy night. I wore my new chanel purse and gilles was wearing her new chanel sandals, her bday gift from the hubs. And mascara had on some really cute shoes too! But i had some sense of practicality that night cos i told myself her heels were just too high for me. I'm not sure wuts going on with me and shoes lately. The restaurant is simply decorated. Very minimalistic. No carpet or thick curtains which meant sore throats and hoarse voices by the end of the night. It was hard to speak normally. I know i was yelling across the table. Food was good but sparse. I'm not really feeling the new trend when it comes to this new plating style. It's like abstract art. I prefer my food to sit in front of me in an organized fashion. It was a bit on the expensive side and you sure don't get a lot food for the money you pay. Or rather, jacques paid. Yay free meal! Haha. At one point, Helen had this look of dismay on her face as the server set this bowl with a couple of small chunks of protein in it. We were all like, THAT'S IT?!? But ten seconds later another server came by and poured soup into her bowl. WHY SO FANCY?!? Haha. It was a really nice meal. Just not enough of it. After dinner, we had way too many drinks at St. Genevieve. Pics to come in another post. Big poppa kept saying he was hungry the entire night.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
DSC_0558-001 DSC_0571-001
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

Yeah that's pretty abstract food presentation! And small portions as you said haha.