Thursday, February 14, 2013

Holiday: Valentine's Day 2013

Happy Valentine's Day y'all!

I always tell people that big poppa and i are not really vday kinda folks. At least it's not so important to me. But big poppa is the sweet guy that i sometimes don't think i deserve. Geez. I just made myself tear up. Not sure wuts in the water but my tear ducts are getting a workout this month. So back to my sweet guy. Even after telling him that i don't care for anything, he still wanted to do something nice for me. I guess you could say that i have a plethora of single male friends and i often give them advice and tips about the female kind. One tip that i've been recently preaching about it this new macaron boutique that just opened up in river oaks. Macaron by Patisse. If most girls are like me, then we are wanting to come here. So i told them to go there to meet girls. Haha! Or at least bring their date. The shop is so incredibly cute and the decor and design is basically everything i love. Gray and white chevron floors. Chandelier. Loves it. I actually want that exact gray and white chevron pattern on the vertical planes of all the steps on my staircases. I've been on HGTV overload ever since we put in our glamorous laminate floors. Big poppa had every intention on taking me to macaron by patisse for vday but realized that he wouldn't be able to surprise me since we would be in separate cars. So we went together as a non-surprise treat the night before. We got a dozen macarons. All were delicious. The owners were really nice and not pretentious at all. The guy even offered to take our foto so that's always a plus.

Since we're on the subject on vday, i thought i'd share some sweet and romantic stuff from the web. These made me tear up. I'm a sensitive person in general so i tend to cry very easily but it's just been a bit much lately. I had a meltdown last week where i was feeling badly about myself. As i was confiding to big poppa i just started crying. And then seeing a man fighting back tears as his wife was about to go into surgery. Tears. This post. Tears. Then this article in the photo below. Tears. It's easy to balk at these stories and question it's authenticity. But you know what? I choose to BELIEVE!



 photo IMG_2445-001.jpg
 photo IMG_2443-001.jpg
 photo IMG_2446-001.jpg
 photo IMG_2448-001.jpg
 photo IMG_2444-001.jpg
 photo IMG_2447-001.jpg
 photo IMG_2449-001.jpg
 photo IMG_2450-001.jpg
 photo IMG_2451-001.jpg

No comments: