Opa! I finally went to the Greek Festival. I think the last time I went was in middle school or something and it was a school trip. I had a good time but the only thing I wish they had was more savory food. I went there super hungry but the only thing I had that was me friendly were these pizzas and they were ok. If I were a beef eater, I would have hundreds of beef souvlaki's at my disposal but it is what it is. At least my company all enjoyed their souvlaki's. We also tried all sorts of other goodies. We had so much sweet stuff that I was feeling kinda sick towards the end of the night. Spanakopita's, baklava's, kourambiedes's, finikia's and loukoumades's. The most enjoyable thing of the night was mos def the folk dance program, surprisingly enough. The dancing and the music was just so much fun that it put everyone in a happy mood. The first dance number was the BEST. I liked it so much that I would love to do it at my wedding or something. Haha! Imagine that. A Greek routine at a Viet/Chinese wedding. Hah! I know. Shame on me for mentioning the "W" word. They also showed a hilarious pre-taped, Star Trek inspired segment. And without confirming this with an actual Greek person, Opa! translates to something like Yeah!
4 weeks ago













































1 comment:
hey! wanted to say thanks for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment :)
these photos make me sad that i missed out on the greek festival this year.. last time i went it was scorching hot still.
Post a Comment