Monday, December 14, 2009

Musik Mundi: Jenny Owen Youngs

You know what's crappy? Getting bought out. ARGH. I'm like the perpetual victim of getting bought out. Fortunately, this time it wasn't THAT bad. Cos I'm only referring to the music player that I have been using on this blog for who knows how long now. Maybe two years? Argh again. Turns out that Myspace acquired Imeem sometime last week, and wiped everything out. So all the playlists that I've created are now obsolete. And now, there's this big empty space on all my Musik Mundi posts where my player used to sit. Blah! Before I had a television with an actual working remote in my room, I would sometimes sleep with my headphones on, playing some soothing melodic music. Now I just leave the Telly on and set the sleeper. It's weird. I can sleep with the telly or music but man, any type of noise coming from outside will keep me up ALLLLLLLL night. I'm your typical selective light sleeper. But in any case. I mention the whole sleeping with music only cos I love finding new music that I can enjoy while slowly falling asleep. Back in August, I was like an hour away from being able to see Jenny Owen Youngs perform live. I was picking up some tickets at Cactus Music and saw signs up detailing her event. There was no way that I would be able to stay so I just sulked about it like a baby would. Boo hoo.

*photo courtesy of amazon.com*


Jenny Owen Youngs
Album: Transmitter Failure (2009)
Song: Here Is A Heart


No comments: