For x-mas, I received a cake pops book and I finally made some. A co-worker was having a baby shower and I decided I wanted to make some owl cake pops for the event. My issue with making these cute cake pops is all the little odds and ends you have to buy in order to create the eyes, nose, arms and feet. It just all starts adding up. I started around ten at night and didn't finish til about four in the morning. OMG I was freaking exhausted. But you know. I started it, so I had to finish. Plus, they ended up looking so darn cute! Very imperfect but cute. No two owls looked even remotely the same. Haha. I used boxed red velvet cake mix and semi-sweet chocolate coating. Everyone seemed to enjoy them and said they were good even though I thot they were maybe too sweet? After reading the cake pops book a little more thoroughly, I realized that all this time, I was supposed to thin out the chocolate coating so that it would be easier to coat the cake balls. Well, now I know!
Some of the supplies used for the owl cake pops.
The cake has to be formed into these trianglarish shapes and then chocolate chips are applied with melted chocolate to act as the 'ears'.
The cake is coated with melted semi-sweet chocolate.
Evolution of the owl cake pop.




1 comment:
very cute!!
Post a Comment