Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Trippin': Washington D.C. - The National Museum of Natural History

10th St and Constitution Ave NW
Washington, D.C. 20560

There really is no shortage of people in the mall area. The day that we were here, miss flowerchild dashed through a light drizzle of rain from the smithsonian visitor's center over to the end of a long line of people trying to get into The National Museum of Natural History. I visited this museum with my parents as a child. I can't tell if my experience here was from my own memory or from the hundreds of photos that my mom took. Gee. Can you guess where I got my trigger happy fingers from? I think i remember hanging off the rails that lead up the stairs to the entrance and doing flips on them. I don't think a lot has changed since then. Haha. And then i also remember seeing the big african elephant in the middle of the lobby area and putting on some headphones to listen to the commentary. I really need to ask my mom about looking for those photos. We had very little money back then but things just seemed so much simpler. Or maybe i just didn't know better. It was right after this long road trip i had with my parents that my mom became pregnant with the middle sistar. My life as an only child was over.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

again great pics! i wish we were able to go to more museums..freakin rain!