Friday, February 10, 2012

Birthday: Girl

1510 Texas Ave
Houston, TX 77002

This is a bittersweet post. It always sucks when a good friend dates someone that you end up really liking. Not romantically but as a friend. No matter how great you think two people are for each other, sometimes things just don't work out. Guitar sent out an e-mail inviting us to come out for dinner to celebrate girl's birthday. I responded with hey guy, you call your girlfriend 'girl'? I hadn't realized this whole time that 'girl' had long been her nickname. Since some people are lucky enough to have their bd fall during houston restaurant month, we had her bd dinner at Vic and Anthony's and was able to order from the hrw menu. So worth it! Everyone had the lobster bisque while i ordered the caesar's salad. At that time, i was not aware of how good that stuff was. So fatty and creamy. YUMS! But now i know. And next time i'll def be ordering that. Hopefully i don't break out into hives. I think i was also the only one who didn't order the filet mignon. I ordered the shrimp scampi papardelle which i remembered being incredibly good the last time i had it but it just wasn't the same this time. Everyone at my end of the table each chose a different dessert which meant i got to try a little bit of everything! I was already pretty full but never too full that i can't finish my creme brulee. PIG! And i'm pretty sure i was swiping a bite of everyone's ice-cream. I still have my fingers crossed that these two could possibly work it out somehow. You always think that maybe some time apart might help. Maybe it won't. Or maybe it's all in the timing. I know that if i had dated big poppa back when we were in college, it would never have worked and we would have definitely broken up. I like to have fun but at the same time, i'm a judgmental goody goody who prolly wouldn't have been okay with big poppa and his shenanigans. So who knows. Maybe we'll see a guitar and girl part two next year.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: