Erin McCarley was another one of the slew of artists that I saw at the Hotel Cafe Tour. I keep thinking, MAN! What an awesome line-up that was! The only song I knew of hers at the time was that Pony song. I have this thing where I like to check out albums at work so I pulled her album up and then just had it playing while I was questionably working. Then Pitter-Pat came on and I was like WOW! It's such a good song! It's weird cos I'm pretty sure I've heard it before and it didn't stand out much to me like it did this second go around. Unfortunately for the bf, I've been playing the song on repeat for the last couple of days. If not the actual song, then it's me tinkering the notes out on my geetar and pretending I'm one of the talented indie songstresses that I highly admire. If I get the music down good enough, expect a torturous vlog of my performance. I remember seeing her walking around the venue talking to people at the concert. I was a bit intimidated to go up and ask for a photo-op cos she seemed to be having actual conversations with people. Some of her family members were also there that night so I didn't want to intrude on that! She's from Garland, TX, which is about four hours away near Dallas. I remember her being crazy gorgeous. Ugh. She's got the looks, the voice, the talent. Must be born that way. I've been saying that a lot lately. It's from the Joy Luck Club.
*photo courtesy of amazon.com*
Erin McCarley
Album: Love, Save The Empty (2009)
Song: Pitter-Pat
Song: Bobble Head
Song: Pony (It's OK)
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment