Friday, February 27, 2009

Vlog: Snowboard Trip

Finally! The much anticipated video from my snowboard trip. Maybe only for me and the snowboard crew. Hah! I never understood the reason for people wanting to record anything. I mean. It's boring to go and re-watch clips of unedited stuff. I thought it was dumb and pointless until I was inspired by some amateur movie making by some bloggers on my blogroll. They're so much fun! In the span of the average time of a song, you get to create a summary of your trip or experiences. It's prolly the thing that I'm most excited about when I travel now. I want to capture as much as I can to get some great usable footage. The thing about it though is that it takes a LOT of time to get everything together from beginning to end. But since I enjoy it enough, I don't see it as an obstacle. I go into my trips with several pre-meditated sequences that I hope to accomplish. One thing is for sure, I despise my HD camcorder. It's useless! Why?!? Cos ya need to buy software in order to convert it from MTS files to something more workable like MPEG. It's trash to me now. Luckily, my wails of distraught sent big poppa over the edge and he spent night and day searching for software I didn't have to pay for. He said it was all for me. But we all know he wants a video as much as I do. Seriously, this was one fun arse trip! The company was awesome and everyone pulled their own weight. I want to extend an extra thanks to Miss Fabulous and Mister Rice Boy (I'm not referring to an azn guy btw) for setting up this whole trip and taking the time out to give is a little lesson. I love being around people who are eager to go along with my cooky ideas. Kudos to the SB crew forreals! So here's a helpful tip. If you wanna be featured in my videos more often, it wouldn't hurt to suck up to the director!


3 comments:

Mike said...

stinkin great vid man. honestly all it did was make me wanna go back. nothing better than great company and great moments. song goes really well. i like

AntsyMama said...

i want to use this thing. do you think i can use your comp one day to put a vid together of the kiddos? and btw i'm so jealous..your trip looks wonderfulisticious!!! that place you stayed at is sooo nice. who planned it?

AntsyMama said...

oh nvm..i read your blog..i see who planned it..haha. anyways, i KNOW how you feel about that conversion thing!! i'm still searching for a software for my camcorder that can covert it to mpeg. my videos are mpeg-2 which can't be recorded or even seen by windows media. blah!