These folks are from Oklahoma? No Way! All this time, I thought Shiny Toy Guns just had to be some Euro band. But nope. They're from a city called Shawnee. Makes me wanna go: Hey Shawnee, it's yo berfday. We gonna party like it's yo berfday. Hah! You know, hip hop ain't my cuppa tea but for some reason, I've got hip hop lyrics on my mind all the time. So I've been listening to this band since their last album which had a bunch of good songs. For this new album, they've got a new female lead singer and you can mos def tell the difference. Carah Faye Charnow who sang on the old album gave their music a more electronic vibe. Their new singer, Sisely Treasure (cool first name!) has a more sing-songy voice that makes some of their music sound more trance-like. Well, to me it does. Since I'm so lazy, I decided to post this song cos I just used it for my most recent video. Before, this song was just ok to me. But now that I used it for the video, I now like the song ten times more. Go Shawnee!
*photo courtesy of amazon.com* 
Shiny Toy Guns
Album: Season of Poison (2008)
Song: Turn To Real Life
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment