Thursday, March 5, 2009

Trippin': Vail - Centre V

The Arrabelle
675 Lionshead Place
Vail, Co 81657

The first full day of snowboarding finally arrived. Everyone woke up super early (6AM!) cos we wanted to make it worth our money to get as much boarding time as possible. It took a while to get our boots on and to load up the car with all the gear. Once at the slopes, we were in search for a place to fuel up on some brekkie. Either we were in the wrong area or maybe it was just too early, but everything was closed! The only place that was open was this fancy schmancy French place called Centre V. When you're so hungry that you've got the shakes, bad decisions are made. Like deciding to go ahead and eat at Centre V, and then deciding that it was no big deal to pay $28.00 a person for their breakfast buffet. What?!? Crazy what hunger pains can do to people. At least items on their menu was included in the price. I have to say though, the food was really good and their hot chocolate was one of the best I've had. You know how they say high altitude makes for some good coffee? Well, it's TRUE! I always order a mocha at Starbuck's and the one I had there was like supremely yum-o. Hands down better than any other mochas that I've had at other Starbuck's. Miss Truffles and Miss Flower Child ordered some salmon and ham eggs benedict. It looked so good! It was my first time trying eggs benedict and I'm thinking me likey some hollandaise sauce! I stuck to an all American brekkie. Croissants with some over easy eggs, bacon, ham and whatever else. I was frackin' STUFFED! Man, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! When I went to go wash up afterwards, I realized that the restaurant we were dining at was part of this super luxurious hotel called Arrabelle. No wonder!


Photobucket

Photobucket


Don't those eggs benedict just stimulate your salivary glands.

Photobucket


Some yogurt parfait and some containers of fruit spread. Fancy right?!? I wanted to steal some of those jars but figured it would hurt to land on them while snowboarding.

Photobucket


Miss Fabulous modeling our lift passes. She's mos def the best trip planner evar!

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool trip! i love those jam jars too. you can buy the jam at wal-mart. it's pretty good. :)