I'm not the type to mind following a trend. I could make myself a shirt that says bandwagon jumper and wear it proudly. I've noticed a bunch of celebs are starting to wear those Buddy Holly glasses and I'm loving it! I have a tendency to embrace the nerdy geekish look to big poppa's dissatisfaction. Trying to look pretty just isn't important to me anymore. So I've been mulling it over for the past few months on whether I should purchase a pair of these chunky wayfarer styled specs. I really wanted them but I tried on a men's version at urbn and it looked completely whack on me. Like fobbish to the power of a hundred. But then I saw that urbn had a women's version that was slightly more feminine than the men's version. I decided last month that I would not buy it. But today, out of nowhere, I made the transaction. I'm so impulsive sometimes. Not good. To convince myself that I made the right decision, I looked at these pics of these celebs sporting the specs. Look how awesome they look! Of course, I'm aware that I won't be able to re-create that effect.
Holly Readers
$14.00
Black
*photo courtesy of urbanoutfitters.com*
The originator: Buddy Holly himself.
*photo courtesy of buddyholly.ca*
The day the music died: Buddy Holly's trademark glasses erected at the site of the plane crash that killed him, Richie Valens and "The Big Bopper".
*photo courtesy of upi.com*
Look how hawt T.I. looks! He's such a frackin' cutie!
*photo courtesy of blogs.creativeloafing.com*
Scarlett Johansson is always gorgeous.
*photo courtesy of myfashioncents.com*
Zachary Quito is also a pretty good looking guy. He's mos def my favo hero. Plus, he's standing to one of my favo actresses, Kristen Bell!
*photo courtesy of duckydoestv.com*
Pete Wentz. Eh. Not a big fan. But he's wearing the specs.
*photo courtesy of flickr.com/photos/solapro*
The over-rated Madonna and her daughter Lola.
*photo courtesy of heatworld.com*
The beautiful and super talented Cate Blanchett.
*photo courtesy of latimesblogs.latimes.com*
The sometimes fashionable Ashley Olson.
*photo courtesy of flickr.com/photos/solapro*
Kanye West is looking might Urkel-esque. That's prolly close to what I'll be looking like. Hah!
*photo courtesy of flickr.com/photos/solapro*
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment