Monday, October 11, 2010

Restaurant: Vic and Anthony's

1510 Texas St
Houston, TX 77002

The night we celebrated JS13 and JS14's bdays, I decided to wear dressy shorts and what I deem as my dressy flip-flop/sandals for a quadruple dinner date at Vic and Anthony's. When we sat down, one of our dining companions mentioned the dress code as being no shorts and no flip-flops. I laughed and said I basically violated both those rules and got away with it. Ah. Spoke too soon. A few minutes later, I was startled by a lovely hostess crouched down by my side. She told me their no shorts policy and said that since I had already sat down at my table, that it was okay as long as I kept my shorts/thighs covered. If she had noticed my shorts earlier, I would have had to wait in the lounge area as everyone had dinner without me. Riiight. I hope that I have more loyal friends than that! Luckily, that didn't happen and we had a really long dinner full of laughter and even more laughter. When I'm yelling and guffawing like a truck driver, you know I'm having a darn good time. The food was really good. It was restaurant week and half the table ordered from the HRW menu whilst the other half ordered their bigger oz steak off the regular menu. My entree was the shrimp scampi and it was super delish! The sauce was amazingly flavorful and not boring or simple at all. Menu description states it as pasta with spicy tomato butter. Mmmm yums. I would mos def go back for more. I think overall everything was just superb and we all had happy tummies. On a side note, as I'm writing this, Bret Favre just through an interception, sealing their loss to the Jets. How could you Bret? You've done me WRONG as a fan and I'm not gonna take it anymore!


Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: