Thursday, February 9, 2012

Event: Combat Triathlon 2011

My first sprint triathlon. I learned that sprint doesn't necessarily mean you have to be super fast, but that the distance of each portion is short enough that a prepared and fit triathlete should be able to finish it with good speed. That was not me at all. And when i had initally signed up, there was a questione that asked what my swim time was. I thot that was so ridiculous. How do they not know when the swim time was?!? So i wrote in 7:00am as my swim time because that was when the even started. I am such an IDIOT! It finally dawned on me thirty minutes later what they meant. Basically the time it took for me to complete 300 meters. I hope some of those registration folks had a good laugh at my expense. I don't mind. Haha. I did this triathlon because it was something i've always wanted to do. I wasn't trying for some great time. I had no goal. I just wanted to see if i could do it. And i did it! But not very well. Haha. It wasn't til a few months later that i felt proud of myself for completing my tri. I realized how strong i was for not letting anything stop me from going through with it. Even with the unfortunate events that morning, i swam, i biked, and i barely ran. The swimming part really sucked because there was all this water thrashing in every direction and people with no passing etiquette. The bike part was really sucky cos of the headwind along 45 south. I felt like i was doing so much work and going nowhere. NOWHERE! My leg muscles were burning. I started thinking i was weak sauce cos all these people were passing me like nothing. When it came to the run part, my legs were so tired that i ended up walking most of it. So tired and so out of shape even though i trained for two months for this. I passed up absolutely zero people. I'm currently training but not really training for another this september. Luckily for me, i'm not concerned with time and i don't really care how bad i look in front of people so i think i'm gonna try for the olympic distance. I may drown but that's okay!

My combat triathlon stats:

In my age group, i came in 12th out of 15 people. Oy.
Swim: 300 meter - 7 min 27 sec
Bike: 15 miles - 1 hour 2 min 14 sec
Run: 3 miles - 41 min 51 sec
Total time: 1 hour 55 min 35 sec (that's 41-42 min slower than the 1st person in my age group)

I keep telling people about how bad my times are. So if they're afraid of looking bad, no worries! Just do it with me! Haha. I have no qualms about coming in last place. My cousin came in first in her age group. She's a beast. And my annoying uncle won't stop bragging about it. He brings it up at every family gathering.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

GOOOO MARY!!! YOU DID GREAT!! SO PROUD OF YOU =)