Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Birthday: Bambu

This weekend was my good friend's birthday. It was also her dad's 60th b-day according to the lunar calendar. Supposedly, it's a big deal in the Asian reasoning to celebrate the 60th birthday so her mom threw a big bash. My parents and her parents have been family friends since before Bambu and I were born, so the whole fam spent Saturday evening eating loads of food. Her mom is a super awesome cook! I love Vietnamese food! The next day, the bf and I went to a bon voyage thing for our Navy friend who just completed his Master's and is now moving to the great city of Seattle to pay his debt to society for the next three years! That's the second person we know who has moved to Seattle this year alone.

Happy birthday to Bambu! Her younger sister is actually my age but for some reason, I've always been closer to Bambu. She also is the first recipient of a Momiji doll as a b-day gift. I gifted her Soul girl. More on Soul later.

Photobucket


The bon voyage party was held at this amazing apartment clubhouse. There was a pool table, 8 flat screen TVs, poker table, foosball table, computers with internet access, and best of all, virtual golf! So the guys really loved that! The bf ran around playing with whatever he could.

Photobucket


I got to indulge in two very yummy cakes this weekend. This is Bambu's birthday cake that her bf got for her. It's the Domino cake from Ruggles. Funny story. I actually got her the Domino cake last year for her b-day. Her bf, Deebo, told her this year that he got her a cake that was even better than the one I got her last year. And then it turns out to be very same cake. That guy is so silly.

Photobucket


The Navy friend had a tirimisu cake from Le Duc. Oh it was sooooo good. Creamy and not to overly sweet. Perfecto! It was really a sinful weekend. Maybe that helped attribute to my muffin top I've been sporting this week. Uggh!

Photobucket

No comments: