Friday, August 8, 2008

Thingits: Olympic Fever

08-08-2008. Alas, the Olympics are here once again. And then reality tells you that four years has flown by. Some things haven't changed. But a lot of things have! I hadn't yet hooked up with the bf yet when the Olympics took place in Athens four years ago. Although marred by many controversies, I think I'll still find myself enjoying all the festivities. Normally, all this brouhaha begins on a Saturday, but I think Beijing had the date moved to 08.08.08 because to us Chinese folks, we believe the number eight to be a very lucky number. Not convinced? Check out your local casino today and this weekend. It's booked solid. With asians. The bf's cousin tried to get a room but it's been booked solid for weeks now. Anyhow, a co-worker just returned from her visit to China and brought me back this little trinket. I found it appropriate for the main event.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Panda archery.

Photobucket


Panda boxing.

Photobucket


Panda panda.

Photobucket


And the best part of it all? It's official!

Photobucket

No comments: