Monday, August 18, 2008

Musik Mundi: MC Solaar

MC Solaar is a French hip hop artist whose real name is Claude M'Barali. I wasn't planning on ever blogging about this song but after hearing it on three different occasions, I thought to myself, it is time.

1st time hearance: Sex And The City - When Carrie Bradshaw was running around Paris.
2nd time hearance: The Hills (I know! Smack me NOW!) - When Lauren Conrad was running around Paris.
3rd time hearance: Olympics - When they were going through the background and history of one of the female French swimmers.

I love this song. I was jamming to it for like a whole week when I first heard in on SATC! It's got this awesome beat and great background melody. Because I heard to this song while seeing Carrie and Lauren running around Paris, every time I listen to it, I imagine myself in some cool clothes, prancing around and being all cute and stuff. The bf rolled his eyes at first listen. So I'm guessing not everyone will take a liking to it. I know the guy looks all tough and machismo on the album cover but just listening to him spit his rap in FRENCH, pathetique! You ain't no gangsta, foo!

*photo courtesy of amazon.com*


MC Solaar
Album: Cinquieme As: Fifth Ace (2002)
Song: La Belle Et Le Bad Boy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to dissagree with your poor analysis of the cover. All it would take is a 5 minute search on the guy and you would know he is not about machoism and is not trying to be gangster. Do some research before making judgmental statements please.