Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Placenter: Melange Creperie

I generally like to kill time by reading the Houston Press food blog, Eating Our Words, and by doing so, I find all these places I want to try. And in one of the entries today, one of big poppa's old high school friends family's restaurant made it on there for their bun bo hue. And then there's Melange Creperie. It's a new crepe stand that has erected over on Westheimer and Taft in from of Mango's. I'm not so much a fan of crepes, but they always look so appetizing that I order one anyways. I think it's cos I always hope they'll have this crisp outer edge to it but they never are cos that's not the way it's supposed to be. I am, however, a huge fan and a big supporter of for the Houston food stand movement. Our city council needs to stop making such ridic permitting and ordinance rules. Loosen up so our city can become hip and cool! So I was like, food stand?!? I'm there! Before taking our puppies to the park on Good Friday, we headed out to get some crepes from Buffalo Sean. I got ham, spinach and brie and big poppa got banana and nutella. Nutella is so amazingly good. But I can't eat that kinda stuff for brekkie. And yes I ate meat on Good Friday. Bad Catholic girl I know. Buffalo Sean was even awesome enough to throw in a free fillingless crepe on the house for the pups to share.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: