Thursday, May 27, 2010

Event: Menu of Menus

As lazy as I am, I tend to get restless and am always looking for things to do. So when I learned of the Houston Press' Menu of Menus, I sent a mass e-mail to my friends, which really isn't that massive of an e-mail list, and got some people to come with me. It certainly didn't hurt that a friend had a booth there and hooked me up with some free VIP passes which meant that I got to go in an hour before the rest of the normal pack and eat it up first. YES! Thanks to Voodoo and Rock! OMG. I really wish I could eat as much as I used to. That's prolly the reason for my chubs now. Haha. I get full a lot faster now but I also gain weight a lot easier. Sux so bad. The food there was okay. There were some notables such as the frozen custard at Ritter's, the chicken salad at Georgia's Market, most of the stuff at Laurenzo's, Teahouse!, Simply Splendid Doughnuts! (haha), and smattering of other things that I can't remember cos this event took place in mid April. It was awesome having the VIP pass cos there were basically no lines and no crowds but when they started letting everyone else in, it got soooo packed and I was sweating cos it was so darn hot. I think I need to be VIP all the time. Hee haw. Man. And those lines! Frackin' crazy long lines. I guess the economy really is picking up again. The event took place at the new West Ave housing and shopping center. Super nice!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: