On the evening of Cinco de Mayo, big poppa and I packed all of our stuff into the 'brid and set off for San Antonio. We would be there for a few days for some business and some pleasure. I normally skip around when posting my travel fotos but I'll try to keep it in order this time. I booked a room at the Grand Hyatt in downtown San Antonio. It was pricey but it was also right next door to the convention center. We would be going there every single day and to be able to just walk back forth with ease was sort of worth the money. Parking was like twenty something dollars a day. Not cool at all. Luckily, the hotel had been going through some sort of fire testing for the entire duration of our stay. From 8am to 5pm, the air vent in our room would make this really loud whirring sound, almost like the sound that the wings of an airplane makes as it prepares for landing ... and it was loud and it would go on and off almost every five to ten minutes. It was soooooo annoying. I couldn't take any naps cos of this. I guess we weren't so lucky in that sense. But of course, I brought that up when it was time to check out and they aptly comped the parking charges. All five days of it. Sah-weet! My fave thing about our room is that the outlets were all easily accessible. Usually, you have to go searching behind the desks and night stands. I hate to think of myself as some type of frou frou, materialistic kinda gal but when it comes to hotel rooms, I simply can not do cheap motels/hotels. It's so disgusting to me. I really don't know if I'm cut out for backpacking across Europe or South America. Haha.
4 weeks ago








No comments:
Post a Comment