I've known Tony since I was in high school. I met him thru my cousin and I would have to say Tony prolly prefers me over the cousin. Totally understandable when the cousin can't be trusted by his friends or his family. There's one in every family isn't there? Big poppa actually went to the same high school as Tony and you know those Jersey Village folks, they're like one big happy family so the wedding turned into a nice little high school reunion. The boys were all drinking while the their designated driver ladies sat back and chit chatted with one another. I actually remembered to take photos of the food this time! I think I missed one dish though. The fried rice. Everyone knows what fried rice looks like anyways.
Ga Xoi Chien. That's usually the dish I look forward to the most when attending a wedding reception at Kim Son. The sauce that comes with it is OFF the frackin' CHAIN. It's normally cornish hen with these huge puck sized pan-fried rice patties that's like this oily and yummy goodness. The ones served at this wedding was really different. The rice patties were formed into the shape of hearts and it wasn't as dense the regular patty. It was more airy and the shell had this really unpleasant crunch to it. Also, instead of cornish hen, they had quail. I'm not a fan of birds smaller than a chicken. I rarely eat the cornish hen as it is. Seeing all of those skinny quail legs sticking out all over the place was really disturbing to me. It didn't look very appetizing.
For dessert, small dishes of creme brulee were passed out to all of the tables. Spelled 'creme brulett' in the menu. The horror! Obviously, bruleeing that many dishes of creme brulee meant that a lot of the sugar was left raw. Regardless of any types of mishaps, I love creme brulee and I ate it happily.


























3 comments:
i know these people. the food looked delicious...hope you had a good time...
small world it is. you know debbie too! she went to hs with me..haha.
@ mai - you should know these people! a good time was had!
@ antsymama - i already commented back on ur page ... haha
Post a Comment