Thursday, September 15, 2011

Trippin': Washington D.C. - Kushi

465 K St NW
Washington, DC 20001

It was already late in the afternoon and flower child and i were in a cab and on our way to Kushi, a restaurant recommended by a friend who lives in DC. When we arrived, Kushi wouldn't be opened for their dinner service for another hour. What to do? It was rainy. We were cold. We found a place around the corner that let us kill time with some coffee and hot chocolate. My sweater was soaked and it was nice just to have somewhere cozy to relax and dry up a bit. An hour and half later we walk back to kushi. The place is PACKED. Without a reservation we were sat at the sushi bar. I hate the sushi bar. I'm not claiming to be all that or anything but those guys behind those sushi bars are always making me uncomfortable with their blatant stares. And if it's not me then it's definitely flower child cos we all know she's a looker. In any case. I made the most of it. We ordered a bunch of different things as well as some sake. The food was okay. I think it might have been better to order a main entree which i think is the drawing point for most of the people who pack the house. Cos you know. Sushi is sushi.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: