Monday, October 24, 2011

Musik Mundi: Katie Herzig

Katie Herzig
Album: The Waking Sleep (2011)
Song: Free My Mind

I'm so excited about Katie Herzig's new album. I was a huge fan of her last album, Apple Tree. It's been kinda hectic lately so I haven't had the time to go through all of the songs. I'm not expecting the new album to be better than the last but hopefully there are a couple of tracks that i can enjoy. Of course, as with most things in life, not everyone shares the same tastes and/or interests so this album will obviously not be everyone's cup of tea. Let's try not to judge or impose aggressive opinions on other people's preferences. Moving on from my cryptic underlying message, I had a weekend of indulgence of the caloric kind. I love those kinda weekends. Makes me feel crappy on Mondays though. Friday was delicious chicken pita with extra garlic sauce from Island Grill. Saturday afternoon was delicious xoi chien with honey garlic sauce from Kim Son. Saturday night was delicious hk style french toast with condensed milk from House of Bowls. Sunday afternoon was delicious croissant breakfast sandwich from Fountain View Cafe followed by a delicious iced mocha from petite sweets. I wanted to make sure all that milky goodness that i had the first time wasn't a fluke and went back to get another iced mocha and it was just as good as the last time. Something about using amaya roast coffee beans. I want one now. Real coffee drinkers may not agree cos it's not particularly strong and on the sweeter side. I need to control this sweet binge that I've been on! Big poppa got a vanilla latte and he guzzled it like a baby. Which means he really liked it and this is coming from someone who supposedly does not like coffee. I did the moonlight ramble bike ride this past weekend. I want to say it's a good thing we did the 20 mile route but I'm sure it only took off maybe 1% of the total calories consumed. So bad.

*photo courtesy of amazon.com*

No comments: