Saturday, October 29, 2011

Restaurant: Americas

1800 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77056

It took me more than a decade but i finally ate at Americas for my very first time. And I was right to trust my instincts on not wanting to eat here cos i'm not sure i like that type of food. The food here isn't horrible, but it's just not that great especially for the price point that they're at. I don't remember any of our entrees being all the remarkable. What i do remember is eating way too much of those fried plantains and that chimmichurri sauce. So good! I literally just kept eating and eating. I love the whimsical decor of the restaurant but you never want the decor to outshine the actual food. That's why there's such a great in appeal in hole-in-the-wall places. When the food is that good, nothing else matters. We dined at the galleria location which is now closed. That evening, it was a saturday night and we were the only people in the entire restaurant. Their time had come.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: