I didn't have high hopes about being able to catch the cherry blossom parade. As with any parade, arriving early to nab a good spot is key. But. Could I wake up early enough? By the time we got ready, had breakfast and navigated the public transportation, the parade was well under way. Pooey. For some reason, we were still able to find a gigantic unoccupied cement potted plant that we could stand on top of to get a great view of the parade. Yayers! I was first to try to climb up and miss flower child being the ever so helpful person tried to give me a boost up but ended up using her super powers to launch me across. I flew forward, shin hitting the cement edge and hands in the dirt. There were a few gasps from the people around us and then people telling miss flower child how strong she was. Haha. I bruise like a prune so this huge welt and hematoma formed in mere seconds. We eventually got settled and enjoyed the floats that came by. You see one parade you've seen them all. Marching bands, antique cars, unimportant people waving. Then suddenly, the floats stopped coming even though the parade technically wasn't over. As we made the decision to ditch the parade and darted across the street, we saw smoke coming from down the street. I guess one of the floats had caught on fire! How crazy! Oh well. Good thing I'm not a huge parade person. Argh. Such bad luck.
4 weeks ago






































1 comment:
wow you got some great shots!
Post a Comment