This is the e-mail that i sent out to all my peeps who came out to celebrate my bday with me:
Hello! Hello!
Before i disappear into my thirties, i wanted to let you guys know how honored i am to have you guys in my life. As i know that most of you are also getting pretty darn old, i thank you from the bottom of my hung-over heart that you found the energy to come out to help me celebrate my birthday. I hope that everyone was able to enjoy themselves and eat some good food and indulge in some much needed libations. I'm so sad that some of you had to leave so early! If the success of a birthday celebration is measured in terms of the next day's recovery process then i would say i had me a good night. I had two words for myself when i woke up the next morning: TRASHY HO. I knocked out when i got home. No bath. No make-up removal. No BRUSHING TEETH. Eek! My sweet boyfriend managed to help get me out of my party clothes but he must have forgotten to put my pj's on. He forgot right? RIGHT?!? But yeah. I suffered from queasy stomach and super headache for a good part of the day.
I also want to say thanks for all the wonderful cards and gifts. My sister had a great time opening all the presents while the bf and i were sleeping the alcohol off. Of course, i also need to add that no gifts were necessary! All i ever want is to simply spend time with friends! I must admit, my secret plan to have my birthday party next to some of my favorite stores worked as i know some of you got me last minute gifts from there. YES! Haha.
Depending on my level of laziness for the rest of this week/month, I may or may not get out some thank-you cards. Please reply with your snail mail address! It may or may not include pictures of yourself.
I LOVE you guys!
It was just maybe five years ago that i had the biggest falling out with some folks who i thot would always be in my life. It was such sad times. It took me months to get out of the funk i was in knowing that i was walking away from best friends and realizing that my friendship was not good enough. As i neared my thirties, much of me has stayed relatively immature but for the most part, i've developed great confidence and clarity in myself. As well as some extra baggage around the waistline. Haha. I have no doubt that i am a great and supportive friend. Albeit maybe a little unavailable as of late. I really do envy those people who are capable of having ever lasting friendships but i know that i may not have what it takes to be that person and i think i'm okay with that. People will either appreciate you as a friend or they don't. Friendship is supposed to be easy, not forced. I slowly learned that maybe i had outgrown these people and perhaps they felt the same about me. I think the only people i miss and think about is SD and TN. But you know, loyalty goes a long way. No guts no glory. I don't know if everything really happens for a reason, but i KNOW that if i hadn't broken away the way i did, i would never have met the amazing people that i'm friends with today. I love having people who are so positive and supportive and makes me want to be a better person. Why waste time being or saying mean-spirited things. So as i walked to my birthday celebration, i just couldn't help thinking how much things have changed and how different the guest list would have been if things hadn't changed. Things are so much better now. One thing that hasn't changed is my wonderful relationship with big poppa. Only he could calm the whirlwind of chaos that goes through my head. And without him, my birthday wouldn't have been as awesome as it was. Thank you big poppa and and thank you to all my friends who make life pretty darn great! Cheers to being 30!
4 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment