Friday, May 4, 2012

Holiday: Easter 2012

I was at hobby lobby one day, i dunno, prolly buying arts and crafts stuff that i didn't need, and i saw these cool large egg nesting eggs. I figured I would buy some for some of the kids for easter. I went home, stuffed them with goodies. Then i decided to paint their names on the eggs in my favorite cool font. Omg. This turned into a a two week project. Everyday after dinner, i would work on painting the names onto these eggs. I used acrylic paint which pretty much did not hold well onto the plastic eggs. I estimate that i spent approximately 45 minutes on each letter. Not name. LETTER. I did all of the names by hand without any tracing. I just simply started painting their names directly onto the egg. And with having to do multiple coats and messing up, forty five minutes had come and gone. I guess i enjoy this type of stuff in some weird way. It helps me to practice being patient and calm. I think Knox was the only one who gave me the reaction i wanted. He's in one of the vidz below and i can still hear his voice say 'ANOTHER EGG!'. These kids really are too cute. I felt bad afterwards and apologized to all the parents for giving their kids candy as well as more toys to clean up. Haha. The vid of my-linh is so funny. I felt so bad for big poppa. Man, i got my three future ringbearers and flower girls right here! Yay!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket




1 comment:

AntsyMama said...

Hahaha too cute! All the kids! Those eggs were definitely genius mother in the making. Love them! And so did the kids. Thanks co Mary and chu Paul!