The sydney leg did not start off on a very good note. I had booked a shuttle with airport connect for us to go from the airport to the hotel. When we got there, we waited somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour for the stupid shuttle. It finally came and it drove to another terminal where we had to wait for another 30 minutes for the van to fill up with people. It felt so SHADY. It was a bunch of asian drivers. Ugh. Their shadyness is a worldwide epidemic. This shuttle company never even made it to our hotel to pick us up at the end of our syndey leg to go to the airport. We had to pay for another shuttle and when i got back to the states, i sent them several e-mails demanding my money back and i basically said they conned me of my money and that they were shady. At first they offered me CREDIT. I said eff that shizzz. Who knows when i will ever get a chance to go back and if i do, there is NO WAY IN HELL that i would use airport connect EVER AGAIN. I eventually got half of my money back. So yeah. My opinion of aussies were not so good. I should have read reviews on them and sydney's shuttle system in general but it was challenging trying to get everything organized, planned and booked for 4.5 cities. So STRESSFUL! Since this was such a big trip, i was all about cutting costs wherever i could. Taking a taxi is more efficient but since i was all about cutting costs, i opted to do the shuttle since it was so much cheaper. I mean, splitting the fare between friends is one thing. I'm basically paying for everything involving my sisters so it sucked having to cover 75% of everything. Freaking 8 year age gap. Once at the hotel, we make our way to chinatown. It's not very big but it's PACKED with azns. And most of these azns are exports from neighboring asian countries and so many of them do not speak english. Bubble people who temporarily leave their country only to surround themselves with what they're familiar with instead of stepping outside their comfort zone. We found some food in this food court area. I had ramen from gumshara ramen that was just okay. I just don't think i like regular tonkatsu ramen. I want that miso ramen from ippudo. So i want to say that i'm done with trying different ramen places. DONE. At one point, some random guy sat down next to me and smelled really bad. Like nasty. But i don't tend to focus on things around me and later when the guy left, my sister said it was a homeless guy who sat down to eat someone else's leftovers that were on the table. Great. I'm in a foreign country. I should be more alert. Haha.
4 weeks ago







1 comment:
Wow didn't think there would be that many Asians there!
Post a Comment