Saturday, January 5, 2008

Art: Beer Can House

222 Malone St
Houston, TX 77007

John Milkovisch drank a six-pack a day and from that came a whimsical creation where almost the entire outside of his home was decorated using his empty beer cans. This is one of those hidden unique places Houston has to offer but relatively unknown to the people living here. John and his wife Mary have both passed away but The Orange Show has stepped in to preserve what is left of the house. It is currenty not open to visitors but I was lucky to come on a day when a rep for the Orange Show was there doing assessments on the house, so she let us in to take a look. The Beer Can House will re-open for visitors sometime in the Spring or Summer once renovations are completed.



1 comment:

Joules said...

Hiya,

I've got a google alert on the words "beer can house" so I caught your post today. I'm most likely the one you spoke to from the Orange Show. These are really great photos of the house! Will you come back and take more when our restoration is complete? Thanks for stopping by,
-Julie