Sunday, January 6, 2008

Restaurant: Komart

1049 Gessner Dr
Houston, TX 77055

Komart (a word mash-up of Korean Mart) isn't exactly a restaurant, but when you enter and heads toward the left side of the grocery store, you'll find yourself four eateries to choose from. There's Japanese Kitchen and Noodle Deli, Mom's Hand, Soondae House and the fourth stall is owned by the Komart grocery store. I don't have a very adventurous palate so I ordered the chicken katsu. The other folks I was with ordered more interesting items such as the bulgogi, unagi on rice and noodles mixed with some sort of bean sauce. We also shared some fried dumplings that the others enjoyed more than I did. Most of the dishes range from $5-$8 and the portions are pretty big. Overall, the place was good and everyone really liked what they had but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to go there unless I'm in the neighborhood.


No comments: