See this sucker right there on the left? Well, I was finally forced to invest in an external hard drive after all these years. I work on a laptop at home and this really annoying bubble kept popping up at the bottom right corner of my screen saying that my memory was almost full and that I needed at least 200MB of free space for my computer to work efficiently. I kept closing the bubble hoping that it was just being dramatic but I was fighting a losing battle. I keep having this nervous feeling about storing all my important photos onto this thing. Am I supposed to trust that this contraption will keep my memories forever?!? And not crash and burn and lose everything?!? So of course I went ahead and burned all my pictures onto DVD's just in case. I had some serious trust issues with the external that the bf suggested that maybe I just get another hard drive. Back up the back up. I didn't go that far but maybe I should have. I moronically decided not to spend top dollar for my external and now I'm sorta regretting it. As I was transferring a huge load of photos the other night, it started making this loud clicking sound, as if it were struggling to get everything into it's system. So I just turned my music louder so that it muffled the clicking sound. My bf taught me that move. His car has been making this clanking noise and instead of getting it checked out, he just tells me to turn the volume up on the radio. Crazy guy. Hah! So that's the excitement that's beeng going on for me. Jealous? Here's an example of the amount of memory I'm using. Just this past December, I took 2,857 photos which totaled to about 6.56G worth of memory. It took two dvd's to burn all the pics I took in December. As for my recent trip to Seattle, I ended up taking AT LEAST 1,600 photos. Crazy girl. I don't know much about external's so please feel free to leave me a comment on what you know about them, particularly on the one I bought. Or leave me a comment on suggestions for other externals that you think are of better quality because I may decide to back up the back up.
Iomega
Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive
500G
$119.99
4 weeks ago
2 comments:
dang i dont come here for a week and you got a year's worth of entries already..haha. anyway, hd's in themselves can act up at any time, so i recommend just burning your pics no matter!
who's is this bf of yours?...he sure is one smart guy teaching u that turn up the volume move....GENIUS!
Post a Comment