Thursday, January 31, 2008

Trippin': Seattle - Pioneer Square

Pioneer Square is a historic district and is Seattle's oldest neighborhood. It's filled with a bunch of tiny independently owned stores (I love those kinda stores!) and cool little coffee joints. Here you can also find loads of antiques (which I'm not a big fan of) and old book stores. It's like an art infestation. I read somewhere that this place becomes alive during the night with live music and other good stuff but of course, we were there during the day. Another name Pioneer Square could take on would be 'homeless central'. There are bums EVERYWHERE so you really have to be aware and careful of your surroundings. I didn't feel threatened at all but I was a little irrated at the bothersome spongers constant spanging for spare-change. Don't get me started on panhandlers because I will most certainly give you an earful. I wanted to visit many of the coffee places and other cutesy stores but it was the last day we were there and we were EXHAUSTED from all the walking from the previous days. Regular walking is no big deal, but Seattle has some serious hills! We found ourselves walking up 45 degree angles quite a few times. Buns of steel! So I didn't get to go to some of the places that I had noted down. But it's no big deal. My trip to Seattle has been very satisfying nonetheless!





The bummiest one of them all!!!

No comments: