Monday, November 3, 2008

Musik Mundi: Greg Laswell

For the five folks who follow my blog consistently at least every other day, then you should have known that I was gonna have Greg Laswell as today's Musik Mundi. I love pleasant surprises. The Hotel Cafe Tour was generally supposed to only feature female artists. But, it just so happened that while they were in Austin the night before, Greg met up with his homie-g-girl Ingrid Michaelson and ended up joining them on the tour bus for their trip to Houston. Can I just interrupt myself for just a sentence or two and say how awesome Ingrid is?!? I'm not sure why I haven't blogged about her yet. Anyhoo. So somewhere halfway through the whole thing, they bring Greg out to play a couple of songs. AWESOMENESS! He played what I think was Comes and Goes but on the piano. Questionable procurement of tracks ensues the following day. His latest album is called Three Flights From Alto Nido. In Spanish, alto nido translates to high nest. You are on your way, just a few steps away from the high nest.

*photo courtesy of amazon.com*


Greg Laswell
Album: Three Flights From Alto Nido (2008)
Song: Comes and Goes
Song: Days Go On
Song: How The Day Sounds

No comments: