The bf and I stayed at the all inclusive Dreams Resort & Spa during our short time in Puerto Vallarta. Beautiful place! The hotel had it's own private beach and somewhat strictly monitored everyone who came in and out of the resort. We mostly stayed and enjoyed the hotel instead venturing out into the city since we were paying an arm and a leg for free food and drinks. We chose to swim in the pools over the beach because there were rocks everywhere in the water that made it difficult to walk around if you didn't wear aqua socks. Overall, it was almost like being on a cruise except that here, alcohol beverages were included, as watered down as they may be. Tipping is supposedly included and not necessary but the people here work so hard that it was difficult for us to just get up and go without at least leaving a dollar. Some folks were able to take the whole no tipping thing a bit to seriously. That just blows my mind. Another example of people being very careful with their money. It's such a shame.
Hotel lobby featuring the bf checking in.
The gorgeous view from the lobby.
The long walk to our room with foliage surrounding us everywhere.
One of the first things our bell man luggage carrier guy did was go straight to our mini bar and popped open some Corona's for us to enjoy. Everything in the mini-fridge is free and part of the package. So basically, this is the only time we get to enjoy that luxury. Thanks goodness for that cos the water bottles in there mos def came in handy.
Our room was mediocre. It wasn't carpeted which I'm not sure I was too crazy about. I'm not sure what it was but our bed didn't feel 100% clean. Maybe it was the humidity or something. We blasted the a/c in our room because at times, drastic change was needed from the yucky weather outside. As I mentioned in a previous blog, it was about ninety something degrees every single day with like 100% humidity. HAWT! HAWT! HAWT!
It's kinda cool though to roll over every morning and wake up with to this:
Every room has a great view.
Like my nails?!? I call it the Chinese manicure.
Bathroom highlights and the much needed incense. What a great idea! They also provided large bottles of shampoo and condtioner. We didn't use it though cos I always bring my own stuff.
It's a Corona plant!
There were about three or four pools. This one is the adults only infinity pool that was always packed with people.
It's dranky, dranky time. The beer was on tap and we suspected that it was also most likely watered down.
This would have been a great picture if only my tropical blended drink wasn't in the process of separating.
The folks there are some of the hardest working people I know.
Gift shop.
Another one of my drinks separating. That's how you know the quality of the drink isn't too great.
This was at the main pool. You get to look at the jungles of Puerto Vallarta while sun bathing.
The cutest flower girl ever was sun bathing in the lounge chair in front of us.
One half of the resort. Our room was in this building.
The other half of the resort.
Like a cruise, the hotel put a lot of effort into planning all sorts of daily activities. During the day, they had beach volleyball, jungle trekking, natural rock wall climbing and more. At night, they had comedy shows, karaoke and casino night. The bf and I missed all of those activities cos we either went to sleep early or as in the case of karaoke, it was when our friends were getting married. Boo! That's what I really wanted to do too! We also missed all the day time activities cos of scheduling conflict but I did get to play some beach volleyball. Man, I'm super out of shape! Anyhow, one of the nights we were there, they had a Monday night football thing set up. Boo again. Who cares about that! I want karaoke! Lounge chairs were set up on the beach and people could enjoy hotdogs while watching the game that was projected onto this huge screen.
This is the restaurant with the buffet. Yums!






























































1 comment:
great pics mary! i haven't been on here in weeks..even when you told me to go on it that one time..it just slipped my mind..haha. but i guess things are going a tad more smoothly since i'm home now and getting a hang of my crazy sleep schedule. please come by sometime to meet the new So!
Post a Comment