Every year, two weeks before superbowl, big poppa gets into this state of longing. For crawfish. There are tantrums involved and he definitely knows how to get his cranky on. He begs anyone and everyone to have a crawfish boil and luckily, there's always someone who takes it on since everyone else seemed to want crawfish just as much. So this year, we were invited to a crawfish boil at a friend's house and big poppa was just so excited about being able to eat his first crawfish of the season. Then came the day of and he gets a call with some bad news. There were no live crawfish to be found anywhere. We have folks that usually go down to Kemah to pick up crawfish and even they didn't have any. Something about the cold weather and New Orleans keeping all the crawfish to themselves. And with good reason I suppose. The guy who hosted the shin dig is a single guy and his house screams bachelor pad. He's got four flat screens showing the game, a slot machine and one of those touch screen game machines. But at the same time, he was a better host than some girls and he a LOT of food. That's really all I care about. Half the people in attendance were for the Saints with the other half going for the Colts. I ... really didn't care. There were chicken wings and ribs to be had. Somewhere after half-time, J. Hardy, who's this big beefy guy decided that he was gonna make funnel cake for everyone. And he actually came prepared with all the ingredients! He had the powdered sugar, whip cream, caramel sauce, strawberry sauce and chocolate sauce. I'm not a funnel cake person but even I wanted one. With no powdered sugar cos I don't like powdered sugar. When it was clear that the Saints would be winning, the host presented everyone a Saints cookie cake. I of course got myself a piece cos I had been eyeing it for awhile. At the end of the night, there was this girl who had been rooting for the Colts and she had drawn all over her shoes anti-Saints and pro-Colts stuff. I guess a bet had been made and they made her live up to her word by throwing her shoes into the mini fire pit they had going outside. Poor girl. Anyways. Why does superbowl have to be on a Sunday?
4 weeks ago


























1 comment:
Hello. Sorry...i'm a huge football tomboy geek. To answer your question: http://www.brownielocks.com/superbowlsunday.html
-NY152
Post a Comment