Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wedding: Nealy & Francis

01.16.2010

Cambodian Tea Ceremony - Bride's Home
Chinese Tea Ceremony - Groom's Home

Cambodian New Life Church
2922 Washington Dr.
Houston, Tx 77038

Fung's Kitchen
7320 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77074

If you can't tell by the list above, this was one loooong day. The Cambodian tea ceremony was really fun to watch. It was truly a learning experience in the traditions that are involved in a Cambodian wedding ceremony. The bride and groom had strings tied to their wrists by the older folks and then had water dusted onto their heads using a carnation. They were kneeling down the whole time with the both of them holding onto a dagger. Unfortunately, I can't remember what everything symbolized. Afterwards, they took some awkward fotos that involved posing and feeding each other a banana. In bed. It was all very Anna And The King. Then it was on to the groom's house for the Chinese tea ceremony, where you pour tea for the elders and in return, they give you well wishes and some cold hard CASH! Gotta love that custom! The church had recently been renovated and they were the first to couple to be married there. My pictures aren't so great though cos of all that fluorescent lighting. I don't know my camera that well and am too lazy to constantly change the settings, even though there's like a white balance setting specifically for fluorescent lighting conditions. The day ended with a reception at Fung's Kitchen. Let me just say that the food here is a lot more expensive than Kim Son and it is no where as good. I know some people love the food there, even the dim sum, but bleh, I don't like it at all. All in all, I can't wait to visit the newly married couple in Seattle. I heard they live only about an hour away from a mountain. Haha!


Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

soapie said...

great pics! i didnt know you know nealy and francis too. (nealy and i went to the same church in houston before i moved) i was sad i couldnt fly down for the wedding but the pics you took help me to see how beautiful their day was.

AntsyMama said...

awww great pics. this was identical to sophia's wedding sched. i meant to post pics from her wedding way back when lol. we were exhausted needless to say.

Nosmo King said...

@ soapie & antsymama:

hi guys! logging on to see comments first thing in the morning. the day was very exhausting! i spent most but not the entire day with them and was left feeling pretty exhausted. I can't imagine how tired nealy and the bridesmaids were.

Nosmo King said...

i meant to say that it was awesome seeing comments first thing in the morning ... gah! need coffee now!

linduuuhh said...

Omg. I LOLed when I read the "it was very Anna and the King." you just made my day.