Friday, March 19, 2010

Restaurant: Max's Wine Dive

4720 Washington Avenue
Houston, TX 77007

On Valentine's Day, big poppa and I were supposed to have a casual meal at Beaver's since I was super anxious to try it. Alas, we went at that small window when the kitchen just wasn't quite open for dinner. Boo. So being as ravenous as we were, we opted for the tried and true place in the Washington area, Max's Wine Dive. Oh-Em-Gee. Seriously. If you have not been here before then you need to get on it! This is one of my favo restaurants. There's like a million awesome things on the menu that I wish I could order every time I visit. I've been here several times since last year when we had big poppa's b-day bash and I guess I've already blogged about the place but I'm gonna do it again. I ordered their very popular famous fried egg sandwich that comes with the awesome truffled chips, and their also equally popular max and cheese. SOOOOOOO GUT! GUT! GUT! But it's a total grease fest. As much as I love fattening food, I can only eat this stuff once in a long while. Big poppa ordered one of their specials, seared scallops with pasta infused in a creamy saffron sauce. The pasta was delicious. I don't really like scallops. Haha. Surprise! Surprise! But yeah, big poppa has been on this seared scallops kick and whenever he sees it on the menu, that's what he ends up ordering. Other notables that I can rattle off at the top of my head is the fried chicken, hummus at happy hour, max and jax frites, nutella french toast at brunch, rib basket and someone ordered the cornbread before and it was pretty darn tasty considering I don't like cornbread. I sure don't like a lot of things for loving food. Hah! We have friends who always order the drunken bread. I still haven't tried that yet. Hopefully I'll get to go with them next time and just try theirs so I can still order what I normally like. Tee Hee.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I never knew they had hooks for our purses underneath the bar. Good to know!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: