Sunday, March 7, 2010

Restaurant: Cheese Berry

9888 Bellaire Boulevard #102
Houston, TX 77036

One very cold and very rainy, night, I invited a few friends to meet big poppa and I up to try out that new Korean-pizza fusion restaurant. It was a horrible night to be meeting up but I had already cancelled the week before and I was determined to make this happen because I hate to be the seller outer. Plus. I LOVE pizza. And Cheese Berry mos def did not disappoint. The pizza crust was abso perfect. Not too thick, not too thin and with a nice crunch to it with every bite. YUMS! Mrs. Cheese Berry, the owner was such a sweet lady. It was almost like going to eat at your grandma's house and having her take care of you. The pace of things wasn't exactly fast as our order for everything took a bit of time to arrive but that's not such a big issue with me. I can be pretty patient most of the times. The only negative thing about the restaurant would have to be their boba drinks. Milk tea no good. It tasted like they used jasmine tea or something for the tea. And I don't think anyone else liked the drinks that they ordered. But you don't come here for boba drinks. You come here for the pizzas and that's mos def where they excel. The best way to do it is to go with a lot of people so that you can try a bunch of different pizzas. The daughter of Mrs. Cheese Berry, Jeannette, was just as sweet as her mom. At least I think it was her mom. She came by our table and introduced herself and asked us our names. Before we left, she tested her memory of our names once more and passed! She so nice! I can't wait to go back.


Photobucket

Photobucket


We started off with some appetizers. Teriyaki and sweet and spicy chicken wings. Good!

Photobucket


Blue cheese chicken poppers. Good! But they had jalapenos in them that gave them quite the kick. I kinda could do without the jalapenos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The most popular pizza would probably be the spicy kimchi bulgogi. We ordered two of these. One with the kimchi and one without. We had a couple of people who weren't kimchi fans, including myself. It was so gut! Had myself two slices of this one.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Green curry chicken. Good! I love me some coconut milk. And this is what this pizza had. But maybe it was just a bit much cos the pizza just didn't hold up as well and things were slipping and sliding everywhere. And there was also too many bamboo shoots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Shrimp amore. Good! However, I thought that the shrimp was a little too shrimpy for my taste and so I ended up picking out all the shrimp. It tasted a lot better to me after that. I would like to stress that only I felt that way cos if you know me, I am constantly being labeled as a picky eater. I'm slowly attempting to change that perception of me.

Photobucket


Black pepper beef. The boys really liked this one. What is it with boys and beef? Anyways, I didn't try this one. Obviously.

Photobucket


Peanut butter banana pizza pie. This was okay. It was also the only slice of pizza that I did not finish. I think it was because there was just too much peanut butter. A lot of repeated smacking going on. I was also not a fan of the bananas. I don't like cooked bananas. Maybe I just prefer my pizzas savory and not dessert-like. Or MAYBE it's cos I already had FOUR slices of pizza as well as some appetizers. I'm such a pig.

Photobucket

No comments: