A couple of weeks ago, I made pho ga! It wasn't great but good enough for my first try. Big poppa liked it but that's not really saying much about my cooking. He really likes soup and so I slaved away in the kitchen cos it is my duty to do as he wishes once every couple of months. Hah! It took me about two, maybe three hours to completion. I did the whole parboiling with the bones and even used star anise. That was a first time ingredient for me. I however did not buy a whole chicken cos there's no way I want to de-bone a whole chicken. There were a lot of things that I could improve on for next time. Soak or quick boil the red onions. Skim frequently. Remove as much fat from chicken as possible. Either use less chicken or buy a bigger pot. Contain all the spices in a cheesecloth. Ugh. Man. So much work.
4 weeks ago

1 comment:
wow good job for attempting it tho! i have yet to tackle that..
Post a Comment