Brandi Carlile
Album: The Story (2007)
Song: The Story
I had forgotten about this song by Brandi Calile until callie sang it on grey's anatomy's musical episode which turned out kind of awkward. Especially when they were singing how to save a life in the operating room and everyone has their masks on. Weird. This song is called The Story, and here's a little story of my nonsensical Monday.
- Flight from DCA to CLT. 5:45am. I change my seats to an empty row and sprawl the hell out and attempt to sleep.
- Three white college kids with social network accents have very loud conversations about every topic imangineable and find each other to be amusing. They are not.
- White lady in front of them politely asks them to shut the hell up.
- Thank you white lady.
- 7:40am. i change planes and i'm on my way to IAH.
- I sit next to this six year old indian boy who chatters the entire flight back home. His indian accent makes him that much more adorable.
- He's super smart for a six year old as he can form better complete sentences than big poppa can.
- I try to sleep but feel him looking at me. I turn to look at him and give him a smile. He smiles back and turns to hide in his mama's arms.
- I wait forever at baggage claim for my gate checked bag.
- My lime green luggage is now really dirty.
- Big poppa awaits me and I'm so happy to see him as I have missed him a lot.
- It's now 10:00am.
I think I'll try to avoid these ungodly early flights from now on, no matter how much cheaper it is. What did the rest of my day consist of? Three loads of laundry, a teeth cleaning and catching up with what I've missed on Bravo.
*photo courtesy of amazon.com* 
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment