This was my first time snowboarding after my one year involuntary hiatus. We did three days of boarding at jackson hole mountain as well as grand targhee. These mountains are no joke. Mostly blacks, some blue and barely any greens. What does that mean for me and big poppa? It basically means that we barely saw any of the mountain. The mountain here isn't as fancy as other places but rich people and celebrities come here cos it's so under the radar. There's no riff raff from all over the world, just your local riff raff which isn't even anything compared to the crap you see in Houston. For the first time in my snowboarding career, my leg muscles didn't hurt! Why is that? Cos I can carve baby! I'm not that good but I can do it and it just makes things soooo much easier. We were having such a good time that by the last day, we decided to try some small jumps. I was apprehensive about it at first and kept telling everyone that I didn't want to do it. Freaking buda was in my ear the whole time yelling DO IT DO IT! Ugh. I normally don't fall into peer pressure and wasn't about to this time but as I went down the mountain to set up so I could record everyone else, I went for the jump at the last minute. The jump didn't look that big but as you got closer it suddenly looked GIGANTIC. But I committed and ended up flying in the air awkwardly and landing hard on my arse. It hurt so bad that i did it again later. Haha. I love snowboarding but I also hate the aspect of going cos of all the shiz you got to pack and bring with you. Now that we have all our own gear it's madness trying to keep up with everything. There's the snowboard bag, snowboard, bindings, boots, helmet, glove, liner, thermals, pants, goggles. I feel like I always lose something when I get back home. Like years off my life.
4 weeks ago





































No comments:
Post a Comment