Thursday, April 14, 2011

Trippin': Jackson Hole - Cellar's

160 West Gill Ave
Jackson, WY 83001

A few years ago, the White Buffalo Club was members only so only the elite of Jackson Hole ever got to taste what Cellar's had to offer. It's now open to the public but there's really nothing much to go home screaming about. The food here was my second least fave of all the restaurants we tried. I honestly don't know if it was because of my limited preference in food or if it was the food in general. The first thing I hated about being there was how terribly dark it was. What are you guys hiding huh?!? Dirty carpet? Ugly staff? It obviously can't be that fancy if there's a telly at the bar. It's been almost three months since dining here so I've got fuzzy memory on the food. My shrimp scampi was pretty bland. It needed more garlic times hundred. I looooove me some garlic. I don't care about the stanky breath it leaves nor the occasional gas. The parmesan fries had no crunch to them. When the fries are good, I leave nothing on left on the plate. There was enough fries leftover here for buda to take home. After we were done with our entrees, the waiter gave us complimentary beignets. I told our waiter that we're from the south and that we know our beignets so they'd better be good. They. Were not. The beignets were super hard and dense and the accompanying sauces did nothing to enhance it. I'm typically not a fan of beignets in general so this was just totally yuck to me. We were originally supposed to go to the Blue Lion, which I was looking forward to, but the wait was kinda crazy. Since it was so cold, we opted to go around the corner and try cellar's. I can't remember if buda said he had been there or not. If he had, thanks a lot guy! Looking at the food we ate, I think I could have made this exact meal at home and it would have tasted better. I don't get a chance to make that claim very often. Maybe except for the soup.

*food in order of appearance*
soup of the day (pea soup? butternut squash? ugh such bad memory)
filet? ribeye? beef? elk? bison? buffalo? (i'm like just completely useless)
cellar's sliders (buda let the chef decide on the type of sliders)
shrimp scampi
sauteed mushrooms and onions
parmesan fries (i say parmesan but i really can't remember what kinda fries they were)
"beignets"



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: