I was incredibly excited about my trip to Seattle because there were so many things that I wanted to see and take photos of. On the itinerary was a stop at a sticky situation that Seattle has been dealing with: the Wall of Gum. Let's take a little history lesson shall we? Back in the early 90's, while waiting in line at the Pike Place Market Theatre, tradition had people sticking their ABC gum onto the wall. It's really gross if you think about it so I suggest that you just not do that. Be like me and appreciate it as a bright and colorful mural. The city originally cleaned the walls of the gum a couple of times before they realized how futile their attempts were and simply gave up. So now you have gum that has been layered so thick that you won't be able to see the brick beneath in some areas. We came prepared with our own wad of gum to add to the wall. Paul made teeth imprints in his gum while I stuck a cough drop in the middle of mine. I arrived in Seattle a bit under the weather and pretty much depended on them. I had cough drops everywhere!










4 weeks ago
2 comments:
yay for gum!!
hey...i seen something like that...i actually see it all the time at the movie theatre but only under the seats...lol
Post a Comment